Since knots are not only a detriment to aesthetics, but it can also interfere with a pet’s health. It is essential to brush the fur of your pet dog every day or at least several times a week. If you have a hard time remembering, you can set an alarm. Take advantage of your free time while watching TV when you get home. Or, while waiting for dinner to be prepared.
If you haven’t had time to do it, or haven’t noticed knots forming, pay attention to these tips for your pet dog’s fur. It will come in handy in the case of taking care of their fur:
Tips for your pet dog’s fur
- If the knot is not too tight, and it is moveable, it can be untangled without problems using the fingers first. Do not use a comb yet because it can become more tangled.
- Prepare a hot water bath for your pet dog after softening the tangled hair. Bathe them with dog shampoo and apply a special conditioner. Let the conditioner work for five minutes. You can give the animal a toy so that they will not get restless or bored.
- Rinse with plenty of warm water until all residue is gone. Dry using a hairdryer or towel. Comb your pet dog with a wide-bristled metal brush that will serve to remove knots.
- If untangling the hair is impossible, you must resort to scissors. Always be careful when using them, so that you do not cut or hurt your pet. Start little by little (work from the ends to the knot). Then, continue with the comb.
- Only use a shaver or razor as a last resort. The skin of the pet dog will be irritated by having endured the knots. Using these tools makes their condition worse. It may result in a lot of itching and redness for them.